Special Armed Service [SAS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum of the Guild Wars guild Special Armed Service [SAS] .

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Should the Guild be split into an American and an European wing?
Yes
Theorycrafting I_vote_lcap0%Theorycrafting I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Theorycrafting I_vote_lcap100%Theorycrafting I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Theorycrafting Empty

Theorycrafting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krschkr
Master of Builds

Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Theorycrafting   Theorycrafting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 am

Use this thread to elaborate builds and teambuilds you haven't yet tested or created. You can also use this thread to discuss builds you saw in other threads like https://specialarmedservice.forumotion.net/t55-teambuilds-player-and-heroes.
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting   Theorycrafting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 am

Theorycrafting Contag10

Template Codes:

Group of eight players: Contagion (PvE)

I once played some GvG. My role: W/E swordsman who rupted and slaughtered the enemy's monks. That was fun. I hate monks.
We encountered a guild that played Contagion. They had no chance against our balanced team but it was really interesting.

So I created this theoretic Contagion PvE teambuild. I know, it doesn't look that nice yet, but we as a guild should manage to improve it.

How it works: The D/W inflicts himself with dazed, the P/D with weakness, one N/Mo with bleeding, the Me/Rt with blind and the E/Mo with burning. The Mo/Me draws all conditions (via martyr), the N/Mos draw these conditions from monk, then from each other with draw conditions and foul feast. In Combination with dark aura and contagion you have every second some high AoE Damage. The sacrifice costs etc. are healed by your draw skills, the E/Mo (via infuse health) and the life attunement support. So they don't die while dealing great amounts of damage.
Masochism increases your damage by triggering dark aura another time and increasing death magics by 2.

Damage per draw (without ebon battle standard of honour and fragility, lightbringer bonus etc.): 354; more with additional conditions from foes (and some skills earlier mentioned).

Everytime they draw conditions, every foe that is near enough will be inflicted by the conditions (contagion + fevered dreams), including dazed. Everytime they are dazed, this interupts them. Physical fighters should be blind and weak, further improving your defense and avoiding being rupted while drawing conditions (dazed!).

Additional damage via fragility + hypochondria including deep wound (accumulated pain).

So why is this in the theorycrafting section?
I don't have eight accounts and thousands of arms and brains to test it myself. Moreover, I'm sure you could improve the mesmers, the backline and the warrior.
It might or might not be more effective than a normal group, but I'm sure this is great fun when you can play it. I'd like to play this with the guild somedays Smile
Back to top Go down
Alpha Panda
Alliance Leader
Alpha Panda

Timezone : + 1 GMT

Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting   Theorycrafting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:48 am

I have a Necromancer and a Warrior and would really like to try this some time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting   Theorycrafting I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 am

Teambuild for melee player and heroes

Overview picture and template codes - click here to see further informations:

I wanted to create a teambuild with some more elementalists. As I am most of the time playing melee characters I thought of bringing those funny doublecast elite spells with the heroes, because I hope they use them not too bad - when I played with the non-nerfed stone sheath the hero did a quite well job.

This is in the theorycrafting section, because 1.) I don't want to test it myself and 2.) I don't want to bother with choosing a backline.
A two-hero-backline with one hero distributing blood is power is probably rather week, especially because there are no elementalists or ritualists left (protection positions)*. If the area is not too hard it might work though. There's of course the option to turn the SoS support ritualist hero to a soul twisting protective spirits ritualist hero: The three-hero-backline should be fine enough. But every melee player who's tasted the unleashed destructive force of splinter weapon (@14+) won't see a reason to play without it, since it's too much fun. 250 area of effect damage each five seconds is great in my opinion.

Since double dragon seems not too strong and will force the foes to kite, you might change it to searing flames. Then you could add a second class and command shouts, curses, protection prayers, ... to increase the defense. This might be to prefer because of the other elementalists too, which have skills that will be much more effective when casted on burning foes.

If anyone is interested in this he might test the builds. I hope they are fun to play and not too weak for vanquishing and missions. I doubt they will be too useful for dungeons and elite areas. If you tested it you might write in this thread how it works.

*Maybe this way -
BiP: OAhjQkGZIT3BDNVVCPSTTODTJg
Xinrae's: OAhjEyHohOWb7QVV4JNncDzxJ

Or that way:
BiP: OAhjQkGZIT3BDNVVCPSTTODTJg
Healing Burst: OwAT0Wo+UyLqBcjoL67Z6re4uC
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting   Theorycrafting I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:26 am

Paragon version

Overview picture and template codes - click here to see further informations:

Wulfric inspired me.

Now someone needs to test this. It might be improved by epidemic on the Rt and Mo in the backline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Theorycrafting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theorycrafting   Theorycrafting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theorycrafting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Special Armed Service [SAS] :: General :: Guild Wars :: Builds-
Jump to: