Special Armed Service [SAS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum of the Guild Wars guild Special Armed Service [SAS] .

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Should the Guild be split into an American and an European wing?
Yes
Builds: Single hero templates I_vote_lcap0%Builds: Single hero templates I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Builds: Single hero templates I_vote_lcap100%Builds: Single hero templates I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Builds: Single hero templates Empty

Builds: Single hero templates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krschkr
Master of Builds

PostSubject: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 am

Use this thread to show us your hero's build without the context of your full team.

Build Collections
Ether reneval elementalist heroes collection
Minion master heroes collection
Keystone signet mesmer heroes collection

zip folders with template codes
Krschkr's outdated .zip folder

Last edited by Krschkr on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

PostSubject: Re: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:43 am

Be aware they are not perfect and some may be outdated in the meanwhile. I created this .zip months ago.

Copy the templates into your templates folder.

wartower.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=452229&d=1364569002

Last edited by Krschkr on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

PostSubject: Re: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 5:18 am

Ether Reneval Elementalist Heroes
Use this link to link here.

Overview picture and template Codes - click here to open the expander:

About

The build's core is ether reneval combined with aura of restoration which will give you hero 9 energy points whenever casting a spell. Since your hero will most times have even more enchantments on him giving additional 4 energy points per casted spell ether Reneval will allow your hero to spam almost any spell. Additionally it heals your hero whenever casting a spell and therefore allows to compensate high sacrifice costs.
That's the reason why a ER (Ether Reneval) hero is a better healer than a ritualist or monk hero and in many cases better than a necromancer healer. Moreover it allows you some other special builds like a wastrels spammer (E/Me) or an order elementalist (E/N)

Note that your hero might cast some other spells before casting ether reneval.

The weak spot of those heroes is that ether reneval can (as any other enchantment) be drain and it might be interrupted while casting. Your hero will not see this problem and continue spamming other spells. When ether reneval is again ready to be casted your hero might not have enough energy points to do so.
If you go into areas with much enchantment drain you should either watch how you play, to avoid the E/Mo being immediately in range of anti enchantment skills, or leave him out of the group.

Equipment

The weapons

Most important is that your hero has a weapon suffix "of enchanting".
Best to bring a staff of an attribute with you your hero will use. A spear of enchanting is ok, too. If it's a sword or an axe you should let your hero set to "avoid combat" mode (so don't give your hero melee weapons when he has to cast spells on enemies). Don't give them Daggers, Scythes or Hammers.

Other useful effects are

• reduced casting and reload time for illusion or domination magic spells when playing the E/Me build
  • reduced casting and reload time for blood magic and curse skills(when playing the E/N build
  • reduces reload time for smiting prayers skills when playing the E/Mo smiting build
  • reduced casting time for healing prayers skills when playing the E/Mo heal/prot 2 build
  • reduced reload time for protection prayers skills when playing the E/Mo heal/prot 1 or 2 build

The armor

Runes
Use a major or superior rune of energy restoration (important) for the head armor. Use a minor, major or superior vigor rune - buy the most effective if possible). The other three runes should be vitae runes.

Insignias
Blesses insignia for every piece of armor.

Elementalist/Mesmer Ether Reneval Hero

This hero is very helpful if you don't yet have more than one mesmer hero. If you have three mesmer heroes playing psychic instability a E/Me ER hero will be helpful aswell to spam wastrel's demise and wastrel's worry.

There are more useful skills than in the example template you can give to your hero. Possible skills to use with the core skills are such as:

• Domination magic: Wastrel's demise; wastrel's worry; mistrust; empathy; complicate (great groups of enemies playing the same builds); spiritual pain (enemies have spirits); power spike; cry of frustration; shatter delusions (if playing with both wastrel's skills); shatter hex; shatter enchantment; overload
  • Illusion magic: Clumsiness; wandering eye; accumulated pain (if not yet in your team); arcane conundrum (if not yet in your team); frustration (with many interruption skills in your team); calculated risk
  • Other skills: Power return; deep freeze (don't spend attribute points to this)

The skill combination I chose should be playable "as is" and help you against casters aswell as against melee fighters.

Elementalist/Necromancer Ether Reneval Hero

If you have many physicals in your team (such fighting with melee weapons, spears and bows - especially when not upgraded with elemental damage upgrades) this hero will be useful. If you play without those he will be useful when playing with 3-4 minion masters (why should you do so though?) using other skills.

Possible skills to use with the core skills:

• Blood magic: Blood bond; awaken the blood (improves the heroe's spell's quality and allows you hitting break points); dark fury; order of pain (does not affect minions); mark of fury (when playing with awaken the blood)
  • Curses: Weaken armor; enfeebling blood; shadow of fear; defile defenses; barbs; mark of pain
  • Other skills: Foul feast (enemies have many conditions like blind or cripple); deep freeze (don't spend attribute points to this)

The skill combination I chose is designed to help teams with many warrios, dervishes, paragons and minions. If you play with minions only you need to change some skills.

Elementalist/Monk Smiting Prayers Ether Reneval Hero

This hero will be helpful when fighting against enemies with strong healers while having 2-3 melee fighters in your team.
Let your hero cast strength of honour on himself, too! This will help him out a lot with his energy managemant!

Click here to see an important information on how to play this:

More skills to use with the build's core:

• Smiting prayers: Judge's insight (to avoid high armor levels or to have double damage against the undead); scourge sacrifice (enemies have sacrifice costs); scourge enchantment (enemies have many enchantments - also useful against many healers); holy wrath; smite condition; reversal of damage and zealot's fire (when used together)
  • Other skills: Draw conditions (enemies have many conditions); convert hexes; deep freeze (dont spend attribute points to this)

I chose the skills to help you against enemy healers, deal minor damage and buff your melee fighters.

Elementalist/Monk Heal/Prot Ether Reneval Hero 1&2

This is the most common and probably most effective version of an ether reneval hero. It combines great single target protection and nice single target healing. That way I claim it to be the game's best heal/prot hybrid hero and that way being better than most other heal-only heroes (monks, ritualists, necromancers), too.

The combination of protective spirit, spirit bond and shield of absorbtion protects you agains enemies trying to kill you with few one hit skills (protective spirit), enemies trying to kill you with many medium hard attacks (spirit bond) and enemies trying to kill you with spamming weak attacks (shield of absorbtion). Combined you are safe against most fighting styles you will face in Guild Wars.

You will have to choose the healing skills and another skill depending on where you go and how the rest of your team is built up.

Nice skills to choose from:

• Protection Prayers: Life bond (nice for doing your survivor title); spirit bond; life attunement; shield of absorbtion; protective spirit; reverse hex; convert hexes; dismiss condition; draw conditions
  • Healing Prayers: Heal other; Dwayna's sorrow (playing with minions); vigorous spirit; healing ribbon; Jamai's gaze; infuse health (use with life attunement); cure hex
  • Other Skills: Deep freeze (don't spend attribute points to this)

When to use healing skill combination 1 - infuse health and life attunement:

If you already have a full healer or two hybrid healers you might prefer this skill combination, since it especially helps against spikes.
If you have another hero in your team who needs much healing (example: Heroes using blood is power) casting life attunement on them is very helpful.
Always have this hero cast life attunement on himself, too! This will improve this heroe's energy management and help to restore this heroe's health points after having used infuse health.

Click here to see an important information on how to play this:

Don't use this skill combination when you face enemies using scourge sacrifice or already have a hero with infuse health with you ( - they will spam infuse health on each other).

When to use healing skill combination 2 - heal other and Jamai's gaze:

If you don't have a full healer or two hybrid healers within your team, you might prefer this skill combination. It rather gives you a constant healing than a spike protection.

Last edited by Krschkr on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

PostSubject: Re: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Minion Master Heroes

Template codes and overview picture - click here to see further informations:

About

A well known and popular playing style is the minion master (abbreviation: MM or mm). A minion master is a player or NPC that creates an army of undead minions. There are many different ways to play a minion master and many different minions to create. They all have advantages and disadvantages.

Animate [minion] skills - click here to see further informations:

Depending on how you want to play and what heroes you already have in your team you should choose other minion skills. Most common playing styles are
1.) a combination of animate bone minions with death nova,
2.) a meat wall of body blocking minions as created with aura of the lich or
3.) heavily buffed minions when playing with order of undeath and animate bone fiend.

When playing with minion master heroes you should know some little facts about general minion master and minion behaviour.
Minion and minion master facts - click here to see further informations:

Utility skills minion masters
Many necromancer minion masters have two to four skill slots free for utility skills. They can deal enough damage or can have a big enough meat wall created with a few core skills, while their primary attribute soul reaping allows them for some more medium expensive skills.
Since there aren't always further death magic or soul reaping skills available that fit into your group, you might want to give your hero support skills from second class attribute lines (skilled to 6/8/10). For the most below suggested attribute lines there is an example within the 12 examples you will see in this posting.

The following list will only list some common skills from these attribute lines. That does not mean that these are all possible skills and attribute lines! It shall only help you a bit to choose your skills for your own hero, even without knowing the attribute lines too much.

Utility skills list - click here to see further informations:

Equipment for minion masters

Weaponry

• A 40/40 set (death magic) fits for most mm builds (example: Minion Master 1 - N/E order of undeath).
  • A 20/20/20 staff (death magic) fits for mms with important enchantments - aura of the lich will not be casted again though if it is still active (example: Minion Master 12 Rt/N aura of the lich)
  • Another possibility is to give your hero a shield set.

Armor (Necromancers)

For non-necromancers you will see some armor suggestions in each build description

Insignias

• Bloodstained insignia for the gloves.

Four times:
  • Undertaker's insignia for builds with high sacrifice costs (Example: Minion Master 8, blood is power)
  • Minion master's insignia for builds with many high level minions (Example: Minion Master 1, order of the undead)
  • Blesses insignia if always enchanted (Example: Builds with masochism or aura of the lich or unyielding aura)
  • Tormentor's insignia if nothing above mentioned fits.

Runes

• Superior death magics rune to the head armor.
  • Minor soul reaping rune anywhere.
  • Minor blood magic/curses rune anywhere, if playing with that as a support attribute.
  • The most effective rune of vigor you are willing to buy.
  • Rune of Vitae for the rest.

To see the build descriptions below click on the spoilers to have them opened

Minion Master 1 - N/E Order Of Undeath MM Hero:
Minion Master 2 - N/Mo Aura of the Lich MM Hero (Protection Prayers):
Minion Master 3 - N/Rt Aura of the Lich MM Hero (Restoration Magic):
Minion Master 4 - N/Rt Aura of the Lich MM Hero (Channeling Magic):
Minion Master 5 - N/Mo Unyielding Aura MM Hero (Healing Prayers):
Minion Master 6 - N/M Discord MM Hero (Smiting Prayers):
Minion Master 7 - N/P Discord MM Hero (Command):
Minion Master 8 - N/NONE Blood is Power MM Hero:
Minion Master 9 - N/Rt Discord MM Hero (Restoration Magic):
Minion Master 10 - N/Me Ineptitude MM Hero:
Minion Master 11 - Me/N Key Stone Signet MM Hero:
Minion Master 12 - Rt/N Aura of the Lich MM Hero:

Last edited by Krschkr on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:45 am; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Probably finished)
Back to top Go down
Krschkr
Master of Builds

PostSubject: Re: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Keystone Signet Mesmers

Template codes and overview picture - click here to see further informations:

About

Keystone signet mesmers (KSS mesmers) use the elite skill keystone signet and some quickly recharging signets to deal area of effect damage and interrupt the same time. They need only the attribute fast casting (because of symbolic celerity) and therefore can support your party with expensive support skills. They can use signets of any attribute (even primary attributes) at maximum effect.

With the right equipment they have a great armor level, too. Their great weakness is enchantment removal, which will not make them useless, though decreasing their single target power.

Equipment for KSS mesmers

Weaponry

Either a defset (with spear) or weaponry that improves your support skills (like 40/40 sets or 20/20/20 staves).

Armor

Insignias

Artificer's insignia on every piece of armor.

Runes

Superior fast casting for the head armor. Minor domination magic if playing the first build: KSS signets only. The most expensive rune of vigor you are willing to buy. Rune of Vitae for the rest.

To see very short comments on the builds below click on the spoilers to have them opened

KSS Mesmer 1 - Me/NONE signets only:
KSS Mesmer 2 - Me/N signets only:
KSS Mesmer 3 - Me/N Curses:
KSS Mesmer 4 - Me/N blood magic:
KSS Mesmer 5 - Me/N minion master:
KSS Mesmer 6 - Me/D Crap:
KSS Mesmer 7 - Me/Mo protection prayers:
KSS mesmer hero 8 - Me/Mo smiting prayers:
KSS mesmer 9 - Me/Rt channeling:
KSS mesmer hero 10 - Me/P command:

Last edited by Krschkr on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:21 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alpha Panda
Alliance Leader
Alpha Panda

Timezone : + 1 GMT

PostSubject: Re: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Nice lay-out! I will definitely be watching this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Builds: Single hero templates   Builds: Single hero templates I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Builds: Single hero templates
Page 1 of 1